The volunteer work parties from the DAA undertake a wide variety of tasks on the river to improve access and improve the riparian habitat. This includes but definitely not limited to :
- Building, repairing and maintaining stiles and bridges providing access along the river
- Strimming footpaths and access points to the river
- During the summer clearing access to spawning burns
- Clearing debris accumulating in the fish pass at Dollar
- Clearing fallen trees
- Cutting back Himalayan Balsam (working in conjunction with the Ochils Landscape Partnership)
- Assisting the Forth District Salmon Fishery Board and River Forth Fishery Trust biologists with surveys and electro-fishing surveys
In addition the work parties attend to scrub clearance at Glenquey to help improve fishing access to the whole reservoir
The regular DAA work party members are an enthusiastic and entertaining collective whose work is largely unheralded but appreciated by anglers, dog walkers, joggers and hikers. Extra hands are always welcome!
Work parties generally take place on Wednesday afternoons. If you are interested in getting involved please contact the Hon Secretary [David Mudie 01259 213891 ].